Each year Forsyth County Schools holds a Regional Technology Competition which serves as a qualifier for the Georgia State Technology Competition. This year’s event was held at Whitlow Elementary School on January 25, 2020.
Over 30 schools, both public and private were represented by students whose work fit into fifteen unique categories. Twelve students from McGinnis Woods participated in the competition. These students had placed either 1st, 2nd or honorable mention in the McGinnis Woods Tech Fair this past November.
Each of our students presented their various STEM and technology projects before a panel of judges who asked questions about how they created their projects, what programs and apps they used and how they could improve upon their work. The judges then provided the students with summary sheets that outlined the highlights of each project and suggestions for improvement.
Violet Reiter Wins 1st Place in Graphic Design
Violet Reiter, a 6th grader at McGinnis Woods won first place in the Graphic Design category for 5th-6th grade. Violet will be advancing to the Georgia State Technology Competition which will be held at Kennesaw State University in March.
Other McGinnis Woods participants include:
- Yael Veneziano, 3D Modeling
- Sarah Burkett, Multimedia
- Drew Evangelista, Graphic Design
- Eric Jacobs, Animation
Students who placed in their age brackets and categories were:
- Liam Jacobs, 2nd place for Audio Production
- Benny Hamann, 2nd place for Graphic Design
- Arjit Kandalai, 3rd place for Multimedia Applications
- Avery Anderson, 2nd place for Project Programming
- Hunter Nobile, 2 nd place for Robotics
- Samuel Pate, 3rd place for Video Production
- Mikayla Stuart who placed 3rd in the 7th -8 th grade Digital Photo Production category
The students were thrilled to share their projects at this level and we are so proud of their hard work. This was a fantastic opportunity for each of our students to learn, grow and shine!