At McGinnis Woods we strive to provide students and staff with excellent technology resources to use in the classrooms. Our students from PreK through 8th grade receive weekly instruction in technology featuring interactive software, activities and enrichment.
Fully Equipped Computer Labs
- We have over 200 Internet accessible computers for student use distributed throughout the campus balanced by class size
- High Speed Cable internet connectivity with T-1 failover line
- Wireless access throughout the campus
- A fully equipped computer lab
- Installed Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms
- In-house broadcast system throughout the elementary/middle grades building
- Broadcasting opportunities for all students, including production and Broadcast Club
- Three wireless laptop labs
- Internet accessible library catalogue
- Nook eReaders available for checkout
- We are a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) School
Lego Robotics Program
McGinnis Woods Technology Curriculum features Educational Lego Robotics and a competitive First Lego League Robotics Team. This was made possible through the tireless efforts of our Parent Association.
The Lego site describes the program as:
“Building and designing solutions with tailor-made educational LEGO sets takes curriculum-based skills, such as mathematics, science, and technology, to a higher level. Activities that are based on construction and problem solving allow children to learn not only by listening, reading, or writing but also by using their body-kinesthetic and spatial intelligence, which increases their ability to understand.
Center activities are designed to encourage children to exercise concentration, perseverance, and independence and to enhance their social and emotional skills as they learn to cooperate with others.”