At McGinnis Woods we strive to provide students and staff with excellent technology resources to use in the classrooms.
Technology Supports Learning
- Innovation Lab and Makers Space
- PreK4–8th 1-1 iPad learning environment with Apple Classroom
- State of the art WiFi
- Collaboration Center for interactive group work
- Large tv displays in classrooms for interactive learning and content sharing
- Promethean interactive whiteboards in some classrooms and an interactive table in school media center
- Live stream of morning broadcast including opportunities for all students
- Media Center Destiny e-catalogue system
- eReaders available for checkout
Lego Robotics Program
McGinnis Woods Technology Curriculum features Educational Lego Robotics and a competitive First Lego League Robotics Team. This was made possible through the tireless efforts of our Parent Association.
The Lego site describes the program as:
“Building and designing solutions with tailor-made educational LEGO sets takes curriculum-based skills, such as mathematics, science, and technology, to a higher level. Activities that are based on construction and problem solving allow children to learn not only by listening, reading, or writing but also by using their body-kinesthetic and spatial intelligence, which increases their ability to understand.
Center activities are designed to encourage children to exercise concentration, perseverance, and independence and to enhance their social and emotional skills as they learn to cooperate with others.”