2022 Alpharetta Summer Camp Convenient to Johns Creek & Cumming, Georgia
Each summer McGinnis Woods Country Day School offers an exciting Alpharetta summer camp program in the Alpharetta, Johns Creek and Cumming, GA area. The summer camp is available to both McGinnis Woods and others. Go to summer camp forms »
The curriculum for each summer is planned by a committee of teachers from our school to ensure that the program is fun, active, and educational. Children enjoy a wide variety of activities including both outside physical activities and creative indoor play. All campers will take an exciting field trip each week, using McGinnis Woods Country Day School buses. Every seat on every school bus has a seat belt. Guest speakers and active campus theme days round out each week.
This summer, as a portion of our summer camp, we will be offering several specific specialty camps. These camps will be a chance for kids to have fun learning more about a subject they enjoy in a focused, one week camp. They will run from 9:30 – 11:00 each day for a week. These will be hosted by the teachers of McGinnis Woods.
*Please complete a camp registration form to register for specialty camps. Campers signing up only for the specialty camp will not participate in field trips.
McGinnis Woods Country Day School facilities include a new sport court, a turf field, multiple playground areas, and a mini-rock climbing volcano.
Junior and Senior Camp programs are available for children 4 – 13 years. The themes change each summer.
2022 Specialty Camps
- A Blooming Artist - Campers will be painting with sponges, melting crayons, painting with marbles, and having lots of messy fun.
- Animal Drawing – Join Ms. Tanya as we learn to draw a variety of animals.
- Canvas Painting - Join the fun of creating your own canvas masterpieces in this exciting class.
- Cartooning – Join Ms. Tanya as campers learn the techniques of cartooning.
- Cooking/Baking - Join Ms. Valorie as we create yummy cooking creations and learn cooking techniques and simple nutritional concepts.
- Digging for Dinosaurs - Become a paleontologist by digging for dinosaur bones, studying fossils, and considering how dinosaurs became extinct. We will recreate a fossil dig to uncover real dinosaur teeth and bones.
- Fun with STEM - Join us as we dive into science, technology, engineering, and math with several fun summer related STEM activities. We will have a blast building, using technology, working with numbers, exploring the nature trail, and so much more!
- Pottery Class - Create clay masterpieces from idea to product with our art teacher, Ms. Tanya.
- Prepping for Pre-K (Rising Pre-K) – Join one of our Pre-K teachers as she reads fun books, reviews letters and sounds, and completes hands-on activities to keep skills fresh for our students coming into Pre-K4.
- Robotics - Experience a perfect mixture of excitement and learning using LEGO WeDo Robots that they will program and operate.
- Shark Week - In this exciting week, campers will learn all about sharks. Come join us for a JAW-some time as we explore everything shark related. At the end of our exciting week, we will dig and discover three real shark tooth fossils
- Slumber Party Crafts – Come make an assortment of cute crafty items to use at your next slumber party. From adorable pillowcases to friendship bracelets. Campers will craft keepsake items.
- Sports Sampler - This exciting sports smorgasbord lets campers participate in a variety of sports. Each day will consist of multiple sports activities. Participants are welcome to bring their own equipment and balls if they would like.
- Ultimate Recess - Everyone loves recess! Join the games and fun of playing many different recess games. Campers will play team games and individual games where fun and sportsmanship are the main goals.
- Wiggle and Giggle - Come “get your energy out” during this week of fitness and fun. Our campers will enjoy a variety of physical activities and imaginative play. Most activities will be inside to help us keep cool while we’re working up a sweat!